ALARM MANAGEMENT - BEST PRACTICES
There are many false reduction techniques that are proven to reduce occurrences of false alarms:
- Train all users (children, babysitters, custodial staff, etc.) on the proper use of the system.
- If a system malfunction or service issue is the cause, contact your alarm company to schedule an evaluation and/or repair.
- Be cognizant of environmental triggers that may activate your alarm and take measures to reduce their impact. These include balloons in a showroom, drapes blowing in the wind.
- Pets that have free roam throughout the home or business have been known to trigger motion detectors. Ask your alarm company about installing pet friendly devices or modifying current system design to accommodate pets.
- Ensure that your alarm company has up-to-date contact information for you.
- Speak to your alarm company about incorporating a two call verification protocol. This has been proven to significantly reduce the number of false alarms.
Alarm Management Program Contact Information