WHAT TO DO IF YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS IS BURGLARIZED
If your home or business is burglarized you should take certain actions to aid the police investigation.
- Call 911 as soon as possible after discovering your home or business has been burglarized.
- Do not enter the building if you believe the burglar is still present.
- Do not disturb the crime scene.
- Do not touch any items or surfaces that may have been touched by the burglar.
- Do not disturb or touch the burglar’s point of entry or exit.
- Do not clean up blood or any mess left by the burglar.
- Make note of any items moved or disturbed by the burglar.
- Make note of any items missing.
- Gather serial numbers and other identifying characteristics of missing items.